Protocols and specifications
WEID notation - Alternative identifiers
- WEID is a specification to write OID identifiers in a different notation. Its status is stable and it is ready to use. Read the spec
Objectmodel-, Registration Authority and Allocation look-up
- RDAP is a protocol to look-up registration data for domains, IPs, networks or other objects like e.g. OID or WEID. We try to implement OID and WEID and other look-ups as part of RDAP. Its status is BETA, you can use it but it will be improved or changed. Read more
- OID-IP is a protocol developed by ViaThinkSoft. It can be used to query OID registries similar to DNS Nameservers. Join the space
OID with DNS - Domain-, Address- and Identity- Binding
We are thinking about to use the domain name system for OID resolution.
- ORS is a protocol to write an OID as a hostname and look up its DNS in DNS nameservers autoritativ for the OID.
- DNS is the resolution system we all know well already. After a lttle reading and testing OID-RAs with domains and nameservers and the ORS,
I do not find the need to declare a new specification. I believe we can implement ORS by just the “normal” DNS and protocols we just have,
BUT to ensure the conformance of applications we need registries.+
- Application Schema Registry could specify how a systems can use ORS/DNS in a reasonable way.